Here are some links to helpful websites of local, state and national organizations:
Jefferson County Area Agency on Aging
– Offering informational resources, community programs and senior center locations.
Greater Pennsylvania Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association
– Information and resources about Alzheimer’s and dementia, including caregiver support groups.
American Parkinson’s Disease Association
– Information and resources related to Parkinson’s and related neurological disorders.
National Center for Assisted Living
– NALA advocates for seniors and assisted living communities, and provides education on quality care for assisted living providers.
– An advocacy organization for those 50 and over.
Administration on Aging
– The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ office that serves seniors and their families and caregivers
Pennsylvania Advanced Directive
– Find the forms you needs to plan for important health care decisions, including your health care proxy and living will.
* Since these are third-party websites, Brookside is not responsible for their content, but we hope you find them helpful.