Brookside Personal Care Residence was designed with resident well-being and enjoyment in mind. We offer a supportive environment for those aging adults who want to maximize their independence but need some assistance with some of the activities of daily living. With an emergency response system and compassionate team members available 24 hours a day, families enjoy peace of mind knowing their loved ones are well cared for with us.
Residents may choose from private or companion suites, which they furnish with their favorite personal belongings. Housekeeping is provided weekly, along with personal laundry and linen service.
An amenity-rich lifestyle
Our fine culinary services are an important part of every resident’s lifestyle here. Three delicious, home-cooked, healthful meals plus snacks are served daily in our comfortable dining room.
There’s much to enjoy here, such as art, music therapy and recreational programs, live entertainment, wellness and exercise programs, religious services, inter-generational programs with local schools and day cares, and much more
Meeting every care need
Licensed as a Personal Care Home by the Pennsylvania Depart of Public Welfare, we provide a high level of quality care services for residents who desire to age in place. Many of our residents never need to move to a traditional nursing home. Instead, they can enjoy the rest of their lives in our more comfortable, residential environment, knowing all of their needs are being met by our caring team.
Some of the supportive health and medical assistance provided includes:
- Registered nurse care management and on-call help 24 hours a day
- Coordination of care with physicians and family, and assistance with referrals
- Monitoring of vital signs, oxygen and blood glucose levels, and insulin injections
- Catheter care
- Medication administration and ordering
- In-house laboratory, x-ray, home health and therapy services through local providers
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments